Our mission is to provide high value, comprehensive, personal financial planning, implementation, and investment management/advisor services to improve the quality of our clients’ lives. We serve as a trusted, objective, and unbiased advisor who helps people make smart choices about money.
Why hire a financial advisor?
Most people are not financial experts, yet increasingly, individuals are in charge of their own financial futures. Most are aware that planning is critical, yet they don’t have the time or the expertise to develop a plan and make the needed financial decisions. Comprehensive, holistic, fee-based financial planning eliminates these concerns. You will receive objective advice targeted to your needs and goals.
The Financial Planning Process
Establish and define the relationship between the client and planner.
Gather client data and determining goals and expectations.
Analyze & evaluate the client’s financial status.
Identify and evaluate financial planning alternatives.
Develop and present the financial plan recommendations.
Implement the financial plan.
Monitor the financial plan.
Financial planning is a process, not a product.
What is Fee-Based Financial Planning?
A fee-based financial planner is compensated by the client for designing a customized financial plan. The planner receives no compensation, contingent on the purchase or sale of securities. Therefore, fee-based planners have no financial stake in the course of action recommended to a client in so far as it concerns securities. Accordingly, there is no conflict of interest inherent to the selling of commissioned-based securities, in order to promote sales. The fee is often less than the sales load you would pay on just one mutual fund purchased through a commissioned broker. Would you hire a doctor who was only paid by how much medicine he sold you?
Some of the Benefits of Comprehensive Financial Planning
- Knowing the key things you want out of life and exactly how, when, and what it will take to achieve them. These are your goals, your dreams, your future and the future of your loved ones.
- Knowing where you are now, financially.
- Peace of mind, knowing that you and your loved ones are on the road to financial security.
- Safety in investments, develop an asset allocation strategy, higher returns with lower risks.
- Reduce your taxes and develop a tax-deferred strategy.
- Protect you and your family against financial crisis should you become disabled or die.
- Prepare for your retirement by estimating your retirement income and expenses. Then you can begin to determine the amount you need to save to help meet your retirement goals.
- Preserve your estate to help ensure your assets are distributed the way you desire, fund estate taxes, and minimize taxes where possible.
- Save for major expenses like funding a child’s education, buying a house or car, or developing a cash reserve for special occasions like weddings and vacations.
- Get a neutral, third-party to offer a different view when there are conflicting views within a family.
- Having a professional financial advisor at your side to help you navigate through life’s pitfalls. We become part of a team set on one singular purpose – to help you achieve your goals and dreams.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary initial consultation, call Alan Markell at 256-881-9637, cell 256-684-9134, or email Alan@Discover-FP.com.